3-Day Primary Certificate Practicum in REBT and Cognitive Behavior Therapy
24 CE Credits (APA) and 24 (NASW)
Dates: July 11 – 13, 2014
Friday-Saturday, Time: 9:00am-7:30pm
Sunday, Time: 9:00am-4:30pm
Location: 145 E. 32nd St, 9th Floor, NYC
In this intense three day practicum, participants will learn the Rational Emotive & Cognitive Behavior theory of emotional disturbance and change by leading REBT practitioners. Strategies for identifying and challenging clients’ dysfunctional beliefs and constructing more adaptive beliefs, emotions and behaviors will be a focus of the weekend. REBT’s conceptualization of emotions and Learning from Errors will also be presented. Participants will have the opportunity to practice their RE & CBT skills in small group supervision and receive immediate feedback from an experienced certified REBT supervisor.
During the 3-Day Primary Practicum, participants will learn to:
- Understand and apply the REBT theory of emotional disturbance and change.
- Apply the ABC model to a wide range of clinical issues.
- Identify, challenge and dispute clients’ dysfunctional thoughts.
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
- Explain the REBT/CBT theories of emotional disturbance and change
- Apply the ABC model to a large variety of clinical issues
- Identify, challenge and dispute clients dysfunctional thoughts
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- Develop and apply homework protocols for treating anxiety anger and depression, as well as other common presenting problems
Raymond DiGiuseppe, Ph.D., Director of Professional Education, Albert Ellis Institute; Chairperson and Professor, Psychology Department, St. John’s University
Kristene A. Doyle, Ph.D., Director, Albert Ellis Institute