3-Day REBT/CBT Child & Adolescent Therapy Practicum
18 CE Credits (APA & NASW)
Dates: February 07 - February 09, 2014
Friday-Saturday, Time: 9:00am-4:00pm
Sunday, Time: 9:00am-4:15pm
Location: New York City
During the 3-Day REBT/CBT Child & Adolescent Practicum, participants will learn to:
The 3-Day REBT/CBT Child & Adolescent Practicum includes seminars on the latest developments in:
- Discuss REBTís theory of emotional disturbance as it relates to children & adolescents.
- Identify childhood irrational beliefs and disputation strategies.
- Construct and teach young clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
Participants will receive:
- REBT and its application to externalizing and internalizing disorders.
- Assessment and disputation strategies for childhood irrational beliefs.
- 9 hours of small group supervision.
- 9 hours of lectures.
Ray DiGiuseppe, Ph.D., Kristene Doyle, Ph.D., and Ann Vernon, Ph.D.
Open to psychologists, counselors, social workers, physicians, nurses, and graduate students. Minimum qualification for certificate candidacy
is a masterís degree in psychology or counseling, M.S.W., M.D., or R.N. Other helping professionals (e.g., alcoholism counselors) may be eligible to participate in the full Practicum but will receive a Paraprofessional Certificate. Proof of degree or license must accompany registration form.
REQUIRED READING LIST
Proof of degree or license must accompany registration form.
-Please fax to 212-249-3582
- What Works When (Vernon)
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Approaches to Childhood Disorders (Bernard & Ellis)
- REBT Therapist's Pocket Companion for Working with Children & Adolescents (Bernard)
----Group of 5 or more (Please call 212-535-0822 to register)
> Click here to view all of our professional trainings
NOTE: Full tuition must accompany all registrations. Tuition will be refunded if the program is closed or if the applicant is not accepted.
For practica, full tuition will be returned for cancellations received at least fourteen days before the program begins, and a $100 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations received at least seven days before the program begins. (No refunds thereafter).
The Albert Ellis Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
The Albert Ellis Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The Albert Ellis Institute is recognized by the National Board of Certified Counselors to offer continuing education for National Certified Counselors.
The Albert Ellis Institute adheres to NBCC Continuing Education Guidelines.
These programs are approved by the National Association of Social Workers (provider #886486451).